Giving foster children safe and loving families
If you want to open your heart and home to a vulnerable child who needs the love and stability that you can provide, FamilyBuilders can provide a meaningful way for you to build your family through foster care.
FamilyBuilders recruits foster parents in King and Snohomish counties who are committed to loving and caring for foster kids. Because many of our foster families commit to both long-term care and prospective adoption, foster kids feel secure and supported no matter what the final outcome. If reunification with their birth family isn’t possible, their foster family becomes their forever family.
As partners for success, we are always ready to support the families we help to create
It can be challenging to parent a child who’s suffered the physical and emotional trauma of abuse or neglect. Night or day, whenever a foster family needs support, our skilled and caring social workers provide expert advice and connections to resources like counseling, tutoring, health care and more.
What support will I receive as a foster parent with FamilyBuilders?
- Ongoing support from an experienced staff person with a low case load and time for you.
- Guidance through the foster-adopt licensing process.
- Training on foster care and adoption issues.
- Monthly foster parent Support Group at our Seattle office.
- Information and referral to community resources in King and Snohomish Counties.
- Ongoing referral and support after adoption.
What benefits are there in becoming a FamilyBuilders foster parent?
As a FamilyBuilders foster parent, you are able to:
- Have a child in your home who may someday be your legally adopted child.
- Be part of a team working toward a child’s safety and permanence.
- Become licensed for foster care and adoption at the same time.
- Keep a child from being uprooted from their community
- Receive the complete support you need to successfully foster and adopt a child.
- Know that you are providing nurturing, security, and stability for a child in need!
What steps do I follow in order to become a licensed FamilyBuilders foster parent?
The first step of the licensing process is attending a one-on-one informational meeting with a Family Specialist. These sessions can be scheduled during the day or evening, Monday – Friday, at our Seattle office.
Following the informational session, a personal interview with a Family Specialist will take place. Individuals and families then participate in a foster/adoption preparation group and complete a home study. You will be assigned a social worker to support you throughout the process. When you and your social worker decide that you are ready to have a child placed, you are licensed and matched with a child.
Begin your journey by contacting us today
FamilyBuilders welcomes all interested individuals or couples to begin learning more about foster parenting today! As a program of Lutheran Community Services Northwest, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, home ownership, education, or income.
Contact us today for a one-on-one informational meeting with a Family Specialist!
LCS Northwest FamilyBuilders
115 NE 100th St, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98125
Join us for a night of celebration as we recognize and honor our amazing foster and adoptive families, our incredible staff, and our many friends and supporters in the community.
Interested in becoming a foster parent? Join us at a Foster Cafe to learn what it takes to become one. Held monthly in Shoreline and Lake Stevens. Check our Facebook page for upcoming dates and details.
Provide respite care for foster families!
Give foster parents a needed break by providing short-term respite care for kids. Licensed respite providers play an important supportive role to foster families. Contact us to learn more.
Need more information?