Citizenship/ESL Tutors & Classroom Assistants
Become a Citizenship Volunteer!
Would you like to:
- Help Immigrants and Refugees obtain their U.S. Citizenship?
- Help improve students’ English language skills and build confidence?
- Learn more about Non-Profit work?
- Gain valuable classroom experience?
Lutheran Community Services Northwest is currently recruiting volunteers to be classroom assistants and tutors. Volunteers will learn gain valuable experience working with ESL students who are in the process of becoming U.S. Citizens.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist classroom instructor with registering new students
- Take attendance
- Provide additional English language support for students
- Help administer CASAS pre and post-tests
- Assist students in a multi-level classroom setting
- Available on Tuesday evenings from 6:00-9:00pm
- Can commit to volunteering for 12 weeks
- Comfortable in multicultural settings
- Eager to work with immigrants and refugees
- Strong communication skills
- Some experience working with English language learners
- Knowledge of basic U.S. History and Civics
- Dependable and punctual
Interested in learning more?
Contact us using the form below or call Annie at 503-731-9585.