Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Opportunities – Pierce County
Strengthen our communities by helping others
To volunteer through RSVP, you must be 55 or older, have a few hours a week to give, and enjoy working with others to strengthen our communities. We have volunteer sites in Greater Tacoma, Puyallup, Graham and Edgewood and continue to add new positions all the time. Here are some of the opportunities where you can help:
Congregate Meal Sites
- Cooking/Kitchen Aide – Assist Meal Site Manager with prepping and serving the meal and/or maintaining kitchen cleanliness (needs food handler’s card)
- Dishwasher/Dishwasher Aide – Assist Meal Site Manager in ensuring all dishes and equipment are washed, sanitized, dried and stored after utilized
- Host/Hostess and Registrar – Assist the Meal Site Manager in collection of administrative and monetary details for the report of attendees
- Service/Waiter and Beverage Server – Assist the Meal Site Manager in serving the meal
- Table Setter – Assist the Meal Site Manager in table setting for meal
- Client Intake Specialist – Greeter, sign into client database, etc.
- Carryout/Runner – Assist clients up the stairs with groceries
- Floor Lead – Responsible for smooth operation and flow of the dispensing floor and responsible for placement of crew within food bank
- Assistant Manager – Assist with training of new volunteers, monitor customer service, maintain organized, clean, operational, and inviting food bank while assisting clients as needed
- Dispenser – Assign volunteers to area they will be working, help client with the number of choices they have per posted guidelines, make suggestions for food, assist with stocking shelves
- Overseer – Provides direction and guidance for clients
- Scale Attendant – Weigh and separate food items
- Stocker – Ensure shelves are properly stocked
- Warehouse Assistant – Unload deliveries
- Driver – Pick-up and delivery of items
- Translator – Russian and Spanish preferred
- Gardener – Tends to crops and other plants at either Tacoma or Orting location
Limited Local Elementary, Middle and High School Sites
- All-Star Readers – Be a reading buddy for a student in grades 1-3 who is struggling in reading. Assist with their reading fluency, vocabulary, and writing.
- Enrichment Programs – Assist with a variety of programs, such as art, coding, engineering, yoga, and more with a range of grade levels.
- Tutoring – Tutor and provide academic support to students of all ages on a variety of subjects (middle and high school).
- Mentorship Groups – Become a mentor or inspire students as a one-time guest speaker with our UnCommon mentorship program for high school students.
- Success Coaches – Help a high school student who is interested in your career field reach success by checking in with them monthly to provide guidance and mentorship
Non-profit Thrift Shop
- Sales Person
Senior Scene – LCSNW
- Driver – Federal Way – Burien Route (reimbursement of .535 cents per mile paid by Senior Scene)
Interested in learning more?
Contact us using the form below or call us at 253-722-5695