Military Family Respite Care Program
Supporting military families with respite care for children with special needs
Exceptional Family Member (EFM) Respite Care helps military families who have children with special needs by providing a few hours of respite care per month. The services allow parents temporary relief to attend appointments or gather some much-needed rest, without having to worry about the well being of their child. Eligible members receive up to 40 hours of respite care per month at no cost.
Eligibility requirements are:
- The military service member is active duty or reservist on active duty orders with Navy or Air Force
- The family is enrolled in either the Navy’s or Air Force’s EFMP
- EFM children eligible birth through 18 years (Navy Cat. 4 or 5 / Air Force Cat. Moderate – Severe).
For families who are looking to apply, please call Child Care Aware® of America at 1-800-424-2246.
Child Care Aware® confirms program eligibility and will connect the family with the Lutheran Community Services Northwest who administers the Military EFMP Respite Care. LCS Northwest will work individually with each family to complete the necessary application and assist with connecting the family to a respite care provider that will meet their needs.
Military Respite Care Program
Lutheran Community Services NW
645 4th Street #202
Bremerton, WA 98337
Become an EFM respite care provider!
Do you have a passion to work with children with special needs? Join our team of providers who serve military families with children with special needs.
- Receive free training
- Receive support and resources
- Enjoy flexible hours
- Receive competitive wages
- Gain valuable experience
- Experience working with children, or in the Special Needs field or Health Care fields
- Possess or willing to obtain current Pediatric CPR and Pediatric First Aid
- Must clear Federal, State and National Sex Offender background screenings
- Reliable transportation and direct access by telephone and e-mail
- Willing to complete Child Abuse Awareness Training prior to providing care
Complete our Military Respite Provider Initial Questionnaire to get started.
Need more information?