Immigration Counseling and Advocacy Program
3600 Main Street, Suite 200 • Vancouver, WA 98663 • (360) 694-5624 • E-Mail
|For direct assistance in English call Jasenka Cehajic (360) 694-5624 ext. 28|
|Para la asistencia directa de llamar a: Elizabeth Ruiz Reyes (360) 694-5624 ext. 12
Para la asistencia directa de llamar a: Maria Santos Pinacho (360) 694-5624 ext. 15
|Для прямой линии, звоните Светланe по тел (360) 694-5624 доб. 13 Liên lạc trực tiếp Minh Tâm Lê (503) 731-9538|
|Đối với cuộc gọi, hỗ trợ trực tiếp Minh Tâm Lê (503) 731-9538|
We provide compassionate, professional, and comprehensive immigration legal assistance for immigrants living in Washington and Oregon. Our immigration counselors are accredited by the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), and are qualified to provide immigration legal counsel and assistance with complex immigration forms at a low cost. Additionally, if the case warrants, we are able to provide referral to a trusted and experienced immigration lawyer.
Our Immigration Counseling Program is the only BIA accredited program in Vancouver, and we have carried on a proud tradition of helping immigrants to move towards citizenship since 1994. Because of our BIA-accredited status, our program is able to work directly with United State Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on our clients’ behalf to ensure that they have the best possible chance to become citizens. Program Staff members speak English, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese
Our program offers the following services:
- Assistance with the N-400 Application for Naturalization
- Adjustment of Status – Legal Permanent Residency
- Green Card Renewal or I-94 Replacement
- Refugee/Asylum Visa Petition
- Representation, Consultation, and Advice
- Fee Waiver Application
- Motion to re-open or re-consider immigration cases
- Diversity Visa
- Non Immigrant Visa Application
- Extension Visa (I-539)
- Other immigration matters
Unfortunately, immigration scams are everywhere. Many sites and organizations claim to offer Immigration legal assistance, but are not accredited by the board of immigration appeals. Some sites sell immigration forms when these can be found for FREE on the USCIS website. Some so-called “immigration counselors” provide legal counsel without BIA accreditation, and may actually hurt your chances of becoming a citizen or obtaining legal permanent residency. Here are some tips to avoid being the victim of unauthorized practice of immigration law!
- Never buy immigration forms. These are available for free on the USCIS website.
- Always ask the organization if they are BIA accredited. If you have any doubts or have not heard of them, ask for proof of BIA accreditation.
- According to the USCIS website: “Notarios,” notary publics, immigration consultants and businesses cannot give you immigration legal advice. In many other countries, the word “notario” means that the individual is an attorney, but that is not true in the United States.”
- Do not allow fears about your legal status to prevent you from seeking help from a professional representative such as a lawyer or accredited immigration counselor.
Lutheran Community Services Northwest offers low cost immigration services, and may be able to offer some services for free. We are accredited by the Board of Immigration Appeals, and we have counselors that speak English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, and Bosnian.
Do you have questions about immigration legal assistance? Email us!
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)