Dealing with dementia can be lonely for many families, but we’re working to change that. It is estimated that there will be nearly 20,000 people living with dementia in Pierce County by 2030. By increasing awareness and offering supportive services, LCS Northwest is a leader in creating a dementia-friendly Pierce County.
We are offering three new dementia-friendly services, in addition to our existing programming:
- Dementia Friends: Focusing on community education, our goal is to increase awareness for dementia and reduce the stigma associated with it.
- Memory Ensemble: Partnering with community theaters and trained volunteers, people with dementia will use improv techniques to draw upon their remaining strengths and use imagination rather than memory.
- Opening Minds through Art (OMA): We pair people with dementia with trained volunteers to create works of art in this 12-week program.
Build Community, Get Involved
We need your help in building a dementia-friendly community. Three ways to get involved are:
- Listen and Advocate – We want to speak with your community group or organization about dementia. Education is key to reducing stigma.
- Volunteer – Our training will help you work with people who have dementia. Volunteering is a rewarding experience.
- Recommend – Share information about our services with others.
To learn more about Dementia Services and our programs, please call 253-272-8433 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information?