Healthy Families of Yamhill County (formerly Healthy Start)
335 NE 6th St. • McMinnville, OR 97128 • (503) 472-4020 ext. 222 • E-Mail
Healthy Families provides information, resources, and support to first-time parents, helping them to give their babies a healthy start. Healthy Families operates as part of Lutheran Community Services’ relief nursery program, A Family Place.
Healthy Families Home Visiting
Many families are eligible for home visits with their Healthy Families home visitor for up to three years. During home visits, you will receive information and support from an understanding, professional visitor.
You will learn new skills so you can:
- Cope better with challenges you face as a new parent
- Help your baby grow up healthy and strong
- Help your baby be ready for school
All new parents in Oregon are invited to receive the Healthy Families “Welcome Baby” support packet. Access to Healthy Families services are voluntary and free.
Healthy Families offers information to families on:
- How babies grow, develop and learn.
- How to care for your infant, including tips on feeding, sleep and safety.
- How play helps babies learn.
- How to keep your baby and yourself healthy.
Healthy Families can also tell you about resources in your community, like:
- Child care
- Breast feeding support
- Help for depression or drug and alcohol problems
- Parent-child playgroups
Referrals to our programs are accepted from social service and health care providers during pregnancy, up to when the baby is three-months-old; parents may also self-refer. All services are voluntary and free of charge.
Please complete a C0RE referral form, to begin your relationship with Healthy Families!